Click Me!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Makcik Cleaner, Tukang Pungut Sampah, Pencuci Tandas.

I used to be ignorant. Yes, I am. I made a silly joke on these kinda job. Particularly, we categorised these jobs as blue-collared. Till one day, a good friend of mine in campus made a status of the job "Tukang Sapu" and he admitted that his mom is a tukang sapu. Reality pangs me. I don't know on how does it start that people, basically in Malaysia always make a mockery remark on these kinda job. Well, hey this is not the only time that I encountered this kind of remark. There was once, I don't know how, but I was in a group of people talking. A guy told us that his job is "Tukang Pungut Sampah" with a mockery laugh. This happened after I realised that blue-collared job is a serious business. Then, realise that I barely know this guy and I would not meet him after that moment, I told him that "My father is a tukang pungut sampah. and yeah, with his halal salary I studied and manage to be here". Well, its cliche and my clique would say I buat ayat poting, nut so what? He learnt his lesson and apology.

Well, how am I inspired to write down this entry. I was sitting on the couch while waiting for my Rice Porridge (Iftar Menu) is cooked. Habitually, I would switched on the TV and scan the channel. Coincidentally, the TV is set on Astro Ria and 'Kalau Berani, 1 VS 0' was on air. I stopped on that channel as Didi Alias was calling upon a bunch of 'Makcik Cleaner' to the studio, that later she explained that the aunties were to replace the artists that lost in the game. I really think that a cheapskate joke that I wonder why the audience laugh at them, and I wonder too why does the aunties agree to be on the studio. Isn't that we have an intelligent joke to be laugh at? and where does our sensitivities go?

No comments: