Click Me!

Friday, June 15, 2012

The Art of Doing Nothing.

I have just came out from the hospital. I was admitted for Pneumonia (early stage) and couldn't leave the bed for 6 days. Basically I can't do anything, except for taking my medicine, solat, struggling to go to the loo (since the IV drip was always on). My vein was swelling, (in fact, it is still swelling). My body doesn't react well with the injection. The nurse kept telling me that "Urat kau ndak nampak, susah mau cucuk ni". So total jarum masuk badan ialah 20 batang, dan 5 kali tukar jarum.

My mum took a flight to Labuan on Monday. She didn't tell me that she's coming. Before that, I drove myseld to the Hospital and manage to come back to take several things. I brought some books too.

While I was admitted, my mind couldn't stop wandering. I kept thinking about my works, about what would happen at the school, the students' education, PBS, syllabus bla bla bla. I was agitated with the idea "WORK". At the end, I realised that I couldn't do anything. I was disconnected with the outside world. I didn't online for a week.

Well, I told myself that this is probably a bless from God. This is the real holiday. I am given 5 days to do nothing. I just need my medication, I was well-fed by the hospital, I didn't even have to do my laundry. I utilised the time given to reflect about my life, to write my journal (of course with the injection, my handwriting was sloppy), I manage to finish reading 2 books and spend my time talking to my mum.

I am trying to convince myself that it's not that bad for being sick

No comments: